Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday again already?

Sunday again, and I'm thinking about the carousel that I have been working on at The Henry Ford museum aka Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI.

People really love carousels, it brings so much joy! I'm very lucky that I was chosen over ten years ago to be the one to keep it looking "new". I've had the chance to restore many of the animals and repaint them so that they're closer to their original 1913 appearance.

I post to over a dozen social media sites, so as many people as possible can enjoy this carousel; there are very few wooden antique carousels left in the world now, most are fiberglass and mass produced. The one I work on is art. I'm looking forward to going in to work tomorrow and doing more paint repairs on these precious artworks carved over a century ago. Let me know which your favorite animal is!

I have to go finish posting videos of the painting process. See it all on youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment