Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Another year at the carousel wrapped up!


This year's carousel touch ups have come to an end. I had the opportunity to add back some missing flourishes, as well as do more restoration work on the Armored Horse, and the Stork. 200,000 riders per year enjoy this carousel, and I love making it look new again for them! Restoring these treasured animals is something I look forward to every year in Greenfield Village's off season. If you're a fan of this carousel, please feel free to write the museum and let them know what you think of my work on it! I'm fairly anonymous otherwise. Knowing that so many people make lifelong memories is very special. I've posted several videos of the painting of the different animals on youtube, I'm easy to find there at juliekfournier. I hope you enjoy them! Make sure to like and follow me there and on facebook, it all helps me to continue to make art that makes people happy! You're special and deserve to be happy. I am honored to play my small part!

Let me know what you think of the Sea Monster in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment