Thursday, February 15, 2024

Artists suffer?

Generally, yes, but how? It's variable. In my case I had abusive parents (a product of a Victorian mindset plus trauma of WWII) that set me up to not see red flags in relationships until it was way too late. I could give a TED talk on the easily missed signs early on in domestic violence relationships.

How does this relate to producing art? Good question, if you know the answer to why emotionally tormented people make great art, tell me.

I have a point here, though, I promise. As an artist, my income is "challenged". Which has trapped me in more than one awful relationship. You, dear reader, can easily do something that does NOT involve me asking you for money. Nope. I am going to ask you to give a thumbs up, a like, a follow. A mouse click. That's it! a mouse click. See, the algorithms love popularity, and they'll show my work to more viewers (and they'll give me money for my work and THEN I can support myself and get out of another abusive relationship once and for all). Because being abused sucks. I was lied to, I didn't sign up for it, and I want out. So help me get out by clicking the mouse and getting the internet algorithms working for me. It's a HUGE thing you can do, help me get more eyes on my art. That puts money in my pocket, and I get to keep on making everyone happy with my work. We all need art, and I make art. I don't want to give up, and you don't want me to give up. I can't do it alone in a vacuum, I need the support (mouseclicks) of friends, fans, and supporters. Let's do this!

Thanks in advance! I gotta run and go post videos to about 13 different social media sites now. Promotion never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment