Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sunday Musings

Sundays are quiet, since I try not to schedule jobs on my "day of rest". I wind up working anyway, of course; today it was reworking my art fair booth layout for a four day show in July, the Wyandotte Art Fair. I'm hiding a cheap excercise bike inside my 10' square tent so I can "move" around. I usally stand for about 20 hours a day for the event, which my ankles are not fond of, ha! Moving really is great for blood flow.

I've actually been working on the display and layout for a few weeks now, but I think I finally have a working design I feel great about! It's open and inviting, and my work is displayed as well as I can in that 10 foot square space without it looking cluttered.

I've tripled my jewelry display area, I've curated how the paintings will hang, and I'm adding ornaments for this show this year. It took some work to arrange it all so it doesn't look crowded or cluttered, but I finally did it, whew! I can focus now on all the sewing of walls and rain sides, etc. that I have to do to make it all weatherproof and aesthetically pleasing. I'd like to get that all done before spring while it's comfortable to do it. I'm confident I will.

It's dinner time, time for me to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment