Saturday, January 16, 2016

Flint Water Run

The tragedy unfolding in Flint, MI is man made. Babies, children, and adults have been poisoned with lead in their drinking water. 100,000 residents of Flint do not have a water source. The President called in the National Guard, but with only 30 guardsmen delivering to only 500 homes per day, it would take 200 days to reach every person. That's unacceptable.

So, I did what I could do: I posted on Facebook asking for help. Three people responded, very generously, with donations of water and money. One of the donors was the Congregation of Every 1 with 14 cases of water plus 14 two gallon jugs of water. I took the donated cash and bought enough water to donate a total of almost 200 gallons of water today. A good friend, B.p. LeGault, and I drove their donations to Flint today. Here are the pictures of that trip to the North End Soup Kitchen, a water distribution center for Flint residents to come and take bottled water however they can. Some walk, some ride the bus, some get rides, and the fortunate ones with cars drive.

I hope I can make another water run very soon, they will need more than they have now, it's an ongoing need and the government is failing them. It's up to us to help now.

No comments:

Post a Comment