Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year!

Well, it certainly has been a little while, hasn't it? That's been great news, though, as I've been so very busy working I haven't had time to write about it! It's been a wonderful run for me, and I finally have a break to take time to blog a bit. I'm so thrilled to have had job after job for over a year without interruption. Right now, I"m enjoying some rest! The Henry Ford museum had me work on every single carousel animal last year, and I'm going back this year in their off season to do more touch up work on them. I also did a Brewster horse drawn carriage for the museum, as well as pinstriping on some carriage wheels, and I did a LOT of lettering on a diorama on the wall in the Roundhouse there! Whew! I pinstriped plenty of cars and motorcycles over the summer, did a couple neon signs, and generally enjoyed myself immensely! In the middle of all that, I planned the 4th Annual Hazel Park Art Fair, which was a big success. I'm so proud of that event and all the people who participated in it and made it happen. We were able to donate another $1,000 to a college tuition fund for local graduates, as well as $800 to our Parks & Recreation department to help upkeep our neighborhood parks! It was an amazing year. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one is going. It's starting off with me working on an original oil painting for this year's Dirty Show. I haven't painted yet today, but I"m sure I will before it's over! Remember, you can check my website for updates on where I'll be next! Be warm and well, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment